COVID-19 Resources And Ways To Help
March 24, 2020
With the deadly tornadoes that ripped through Middle Tennessee earlier this month, and now the uncertainties created by the COVID 19 pandemic, our community is hurting. Here are some ways you can help your community now.
And please check out this excellent list of resources shared from Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp.
- Go online and make a donation to your local food bank.
- Contact your neighborhood schools and sign up to volunteer with their food distribution program.
- Offer to pick up groceries for your most at-risk and older neighbors by leaving a note on their door.
- Call your local hospital or fire station and ask if you can order takeout for staff from a local restaurant.
- Order takeout and tip heavily at your local restaurants and bars. They are hurting right now.
- Buy gift certificates from your favorite local businesses and save them for later, or give them as gifts to your grocery store cashiers, mail carriers, or anyone else providing vital services.
- Call friends who are parents and offer to give their kids a virtual lesson or read them a story.